What do I have to do to maintain my TQI registration?
To maintain ongoing registration you must:
- have a current Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) General registration
- abide by the TQI Code of Professional Practice and Conduct
- record and reflect on 20 hours of professional learning each year in the TQI Teacher Portal
- keep your contact and employment details up to date on the TQI Teacher Portal
- apply to renew your registration during Term 1 and before 31 March, including payment of the annual application fee
- advise TQI of any matters that may affect your registration including changes to your WWVP registration
- progress to Full registration within 5 years if you have Provisional registration.
Recency of Professional Teaching Practice for Full Registration
This requirement can be met by fully registered teachers working for a minimum of 20 days a year in one, or any combination of, the following:
- Working in an approved school in Australia or New Zealand
- Assessing student participation in a government endorsed education service
- Administering government endorsed education services which relate directly to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers or Australian Professional Standard for Principals or directly influences the content and practice of teaching in Australia or New Zealand.