Eligibility to Work

In order to apply for teacher registration in the ACT, you must be a permanent citizen of Australia or New Zealand, have permanent (indefinite) Australian residency or hold an Australian work visa.

In order to prove your entitlement to work in Australia, you need to send TQI certified copies of one or more of the following:

  • Australian or New Zealand Birth Certificate
  • Australian or New Zealand passport - copy of page with photo
  • Australian or New Zealand citizenship certificate
  • Australian Visa with Work Entitlements

Unsure of your work rights in Australia?  Check with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection external link.