Do you have a current TQI registration card? TQI will remind you when it’s time to renew each year. We send out reminders by email so make sure that your email address is up to date in the TQI Teacher Portal .
If you are not currently a registered teacher in the ACT, you should apply for registration at a level that matches your experience and qualifications. You may need to provide different documentary evidence in support of your application depending on your circumstances. TQI will aim to assess your application within 10 working days of receiving your supporting documents however in some cases, for example where overseas qualifications require assessment it may take longer.
If you are living in Australia or are the holder of a current New Zealand Practicing Certificate, choose the category below that best describes your situation to find out which type of registration applies to you.
- I recently completed my teaching qualification
- I am registered elsewhere in Australia or New Zealand
- I have Provisional accreditation with NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- I have Proficient Teacher accreditation with NESA
- I teach in a NSW school without NESA accreditation
- I am not registered but have recent experience in Australia or New Zealand
- I am not registered and have no recent teaching experience in Australia or New Zealand
If you are currently living in a country other than Australia and are not registered in Australia or New Zealand, choose the category below that best describes your situation to find out which type of registration applies to you.